Welcome to Ringwood Junior School
Ringwood Junior School serves the community of Ringwood and is situated on the edge of the New Forest. It is a three-form entry school having 384 pupils aged between seven and eleven.
The original school building which includes three classrooms, a library and a reception area, dates back to 1910. Further extensions were added in the 1980’s and 1990’s as the school expanded, and today the three buildings, topped by the original bell tower, form a distinctive and elegant school, which combines tradition with innovation.
There are extensive grounds, including two playgrounds, a pond area and large playing field, with sports pavilion. At weekends and evenings the field is used by Ellington and Ringwood Rugby Club, with whom we have forged close community links.
We are very much a community school and enjoy playing a central role in the Ringwood Carnival, the Parish Church Carol Service and the Family Fun Day at the Bickerley Green.
The school has always enjoyed a strong reputation at the heart of Ringwood with many families having generations of pupils going back to the earliest days.